What are animated filters?
Animated filters are an easy but impactful way to add dynamic elements to your branded content! Essentially an animated filters is just like your regular filters but instead of being static .png files they are motion .mov ones. Your animated filters can either be set to loop or they can play once and then freeze on the final frame.
Here’s a few great ways to use animated filters:
- Add branded flair: Logos or watermarks that animate into place.
- Opens and transitions: Animation can serve as an introduction or open to themed content, or a transition between story tiles.
- Sponsor integrations: Brand integrations are now be more valuable to partners and engaging to fans with animation.
- Big moments: Big moments are made even bigger with animation to help these moments stand out from everything you are posting!
- Lower thirds or player cards: Have lower thirds animate in for on-air talent or give player cards animation to make them pop.
How to make Animated Filters
You can create video filters in any of the 4 dimensions available in Slate (9:16, 4:5, 1:1, 16:9). You will probably want the majority of your animated filter to be transparent in order to see the photo and video content underneath.
- Create a video filter in one of the available 4 dimensions in the video editing software of your choice.
- Export your video using the Quicktime format and codec Apple Pro Res 4444 + Alpha. This needs to be a .mov file. Your video filter must be exported in this codec in order to work.
- Send the .mov file to [email protected] or your slate rep. The filter will be added to your account right away!
The max file size for video filters is 150mb but we recommend staying under 80mb. These will be compressed before being added to your app.